The “Jazz Party” takes place October 31, November 1-2, 2014 at the Antlers Hilton in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This is a uniquely American musical event. It is a three-day, four-session event that brings together the best straight-ahead jazz musicians in the country.
This event affords an opportunity for these world-class musicians to jam, thereby renewing and revising their craft. Typically, each musician will lead a set bringing their own unique style and playbook.
For the audience, each set is an original experience that may never be heard again.
This event is sponsored by The Friends of Colorado Springs Jazz. This organization promotes, informs and grows the presence of straight-ahead jazz in Colorado.
Here is the itinerary:
- Friday, October 31, 5pm-6pm Cocktail Reception; 6:30pm-10:30pm performance
- Saturday, November 1, 1pm-5pm performance
- Saturday, November 1, 8pm-12 midnight performance
- Sunday, November 2, 10:30am-2:30pm brunch performance
The musician lineup includes:
- Harry Allen (Saxophone)
- Houston Person (Saxophone)
- Bill Allred (Trombone, Tuba)
- Bucky Pizzarelli (Guitar)
- Jeff Barnhart (Piano)
- Chuck Redd (Drums, Vibes)
- John Cocuzzi (Piano, Vibes)
- Ed Polcer (Cornet)
- Kevin Dorn (Drums)
- Bria Skonberg (Cornet, Vocals)
- Brady McKay (Vocals)
- Frank Tate (Bass)
- Richard Moten (Bass)
- Wayne Wilkinson (Guitar)
- Alan Vache (Clarinet)
For More information and tickets, please visit http://csjazzparty.com